View Full Version : Documents needed while travelling with AP

01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
I am planning to travel to my home country with AP. I am wondering if someone please tell me the documents that I need to carry while returning to US? (I hope, it is just the passport, EAD and AP documents...anything else?)

I have EAD for me and my wife (EB2-NIW: I-140 approved, I-485 pending).

I have got two exact same page that came with my AP approval notice. Someone told me only one copy is required and will be stamped. Can I use the other copy for another travel or it is just a copy to keep and does not have any value by itself.

Your help will be highly appreciated.


01-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Documents to be shown at POE:

1. AP Originals (both)
2. 485 receipt notice

Documents to carry, but to be shown only on request:
( Providing more information than requested will unnecessary confuse POE officers)

1. Latest Employment verification letter
2. Recent paystubs

As for 2 copies of AP, you are supposed to present both to POE officer. However he will stamp only one, but return both copies to you. You can use the stamped AP for multiple travels as long as it has not expired.