PDA

View Full Version : Travelling on AP to Canada by Car

golmalreturn
01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Hello,

I am Dec 02/EB3/India candidate. Currently using EAD/AP to work. No H1b visa.

My current project SAP PI implementation requires me to travel to London / Ontario, Canada, on a weekly basis. This is going to be for few months at least. Employer is in US, major work place will be US, still working with original employer who filed GC; even residence is in US.

Has anyone travel more than once on AP?
Is that ok or there are risk factors?
Has anyone traveled on AP using car by road? How is experience compared to enter via airport?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

theMan
01-14-2010, 01:17 PM
No issues on both fronts as long as you have adhered to the terms and conditions while obtaining the Canadian Visa. I had similar circumstances in the recent past.
A factor to consider is the unpredictable time spent at the secondary inspection when returning. I am not sure how that will work when you drive across the border.

psaxena
01-14-2010, 03:16 PM
While driving back , at POE the process is simple. Always show your AP before passport and they will let you in. Never show the passport before the AP.

crazyghoda
01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
May I ask Why?

While driving back , at POE the process is simple. Always show your AP before passport and they will let you in. Never show the passport before the AP.

axp817
01-17-2010, 07:09 PM

I too would like to know why.